6th Grade Seminar
A Bridge for a Successful Transition to Middle School
This class is a link between the elementary setting and safety of one desk, one teacher, one classroom, to the rigor of several teachers and classroom transitions. We will build skills to manage the tricky middle school life of a tween from scholastic success to the sometimes emotional rollercoaster of the middle school social life.
- Organization-managing classes starts with an organized binder and complete planner.
- Independence-with organization students will be able to handle the jgga bzhgngxgrganization comes control which will lead to a confidence that perpetuates academic success and pride in self.
- Responsibility-time to take personal responsibility for grades and actions. A "what can I do to help, to change or to make a situation better" attitude.
- Respect-there is a difference between leadership and bossy; one shows respect the other doesn't. We will reflect on the concepts of respecting one's self and others with regards to school work, personal space and feelings.
- Awareness-turn the focus from self to others. We live in a time of selfies and selfishness. We will go beyond self to those around us. This will start within the classroom and grow to the community as the year progresses.