The History of St. Therese Church of the Little Flower
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman established the parish of St. Therese Church of the Little Flower, in 1946, and installed Monsignor Thomas Collins as the first pastor.
In 1974, with the growth of the Parish, Father Robert Bowling, then pastor, and Bishop Norman F. McFarland, began formulating plans for a church to be built on the property with the school and convent. The last Mass was celebrated in the old church July 1, 1978. The first Mass in the new church was celebrated on July 8. 1978. Dedication took place on the feast of the Little Flower, October 1, 1978.
Today the Parish serves the spiritual needs of approximately 4,000 families and is a culturally diverse parish, working together and having pride in our Catholic School!
Little Flower Students Reconciliation
Second grade children, who have been baptized, prepare for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend scheduled meetings for each of these sacramental programs. Parents are provided with support and information at these meetings. If a student in Kindergarten or 1st grade has not been baptized, please contact the church office immediately to begin the process.